MarWay has a proven track record of fixing broken medical billing processes, increasing collections, and will provide your practice an immediate medical billing solution. MarWay’s goal is to provide the highest quality of service possible for its clients at a cost effective rate. MarWay’s staff effectively and aggressively follows up on all insurance claims and is fully trained on the continuously changing billing guidelines and requirements that cause providers to receive denials. MarWay’s clients experience increased revenue, quicker reimbursements, decreased administrative costs, no software to buy or maintain, effective claims follow up, and accurate and timely billing. The combination of MarWay’s medical billing expertise and robust medical software ensures maximized, quicker reimbursements and seamlessly streamlines medical offices to enable MarWay’s clients to focus their time on the medical needs of their patients.
Advantages of using MarWay Business Services, Inc.
- Save money on billing staff salaries, health insurance and other benefits, training costs, and related expenses of maintaining staff
- MarWay’s staff is very knowledgeable and is fully trained to be compliant on the new ICD-10 codes
- MarWay stays up to date on the latest changes in regulations and requirements in order to maintain compliance and ensure the submission of clean claims
- Certification and credentialing of participating insurance companies
- MarWay aggressively follows up on all insurance claims
- MarWay Business Services improves cash flow by reducing billing errors and by the daily submission of clean claims
- Reduction in overhead costs, timely submission of medical claims, effective claims follow up, medical billing expertise, and no software to buy or maintain will result in increased reimbursement for your practice
MarWay Business Services, Inc. will dramatically lower your medical billing costs
Is your billing done in-house? You may be losing money. This can be the result of old and cumbersome billing software, a disorganized medical billing process, ineffective billing staff or billing supervision, or high employee turnover which prevents you from ever reaching “steady state” operations and efficiency. In addition to labor costs, there are many “hidden” costs of billing.
- System maintenance
- Software maintenance
- Supplies and forms
- Clearinghouse costs
- Phone calls to payers and patients
- Coding and billing books
- Occupancy Costs (space you are using for your billing department that could be used for other purposes)
- Management focus (spending time managing the billing process instead of expanding the practice)
Services Provided by MarWay Business Services
- Help clients in obtaining provider number for their practice, establishing fee schedules, and creating good collection practices in their office.
- Retrieve information generated daily (superbills, check copies, explanation of benefits, etc.) This information will be assembled and entered into the computer system by the MarWay staff.
- Patient’s procedure codes and diagnosis information are reviewed for accuracy in coding prior to entering in our computer system. We use our coding expertise to determine if modifiers are needed, to correlate procedure codes and diagnosis codes, and to adhere to Medicare and managed care coding guidelines.
- Maintain communication with your office staff to assure the quality of data.
- Submit insurance claims on a daily basis. Electronic claim submission reduces reimbursement time and improves cash flow.
- Follow up and refile insurance claims as necessary. Prompt refiling and calling insurance companies regarding unpaid claims improves cash flow and avoids the ups and downs which often occur when insurance claims are not followed up on a timely basis.
- Furnish statements to patients on a monthly basis.
- Place MarWay’s telephone number on all statements and insurance forms. This greatly reduces the number of calls to the physician’s office pertaining to billing and insurance questions.
- All inquiries are handled in a courteous and professional manner. All telephone calls are answered by a live person.
- Keep track of all payments received from insurance companies and patients. We review the payments and post them to the patient’s account.
- Coordinate benefits – Filing secondary and tertiary insurance after compensation from the primary carrier.
- Appeal claims to insurance companies.
- Furnish physician’s offices with a credit balance report allowing refunds to be made in a timely manner.
- Provide itemized statements or insurance forms at the patient’s request.
- Make collection calls to patients who have delinquent accounts.
- Send collections letters to those patients with delinquent accounts. These letters may be written to the physician’s specifications.
- Handle all written correspondence received by our clients concerning medical bills. This includes investigation on denials of payments, request for additional information, investigation on incorrect payments, and numerous other types of correspondence.
- Furnish postage, envelopes, insurance forms, statements, and personnel to accomplish these tasks.
- Send recall letters to specified patients.
- Send patients written notification when we have determined their insurance company has denied their claim or applied it towards their deductible.
- Provide physicians with collection accounts to be written off or turned over to a collection agency.
- Furnish collection agencies with the necessary information on accounts the physician has chosen to turn over to them.
- Stay abreast of changes in Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurances by attending seminars and workshops as necessary. We keep up with new Medicare and Medicaid coding guidelines, implement those changes in our office, and relay information to client’s offices.
- Provide capability to connect to our office via internet using your office computer. This allows you to view your patient information from your office computer. It also allows you to use our scheduling software from your office.
- Provide computer training to your office staff.
- Send monthly reports to clients that show information regarding the client’s practice for the previous month. We also analyze many other reports, report to the clients on how their practice is doing, and suggest ways to improve the financial aspects of their medical practice.